When it comes to blow drying your curly hair, it can be bit of a challenge. Moreover, not only is curly hair more difficult to manage than straight hair but it is also more prone to dryness and breakage if not cared for properly. When using a hair dryer for your curly hair, you can never be sure of the outcome as you are always welcomed by a new hairstyle one which you may end up loving or hating altogether! So, a hair dryer can easily make or break your hairstyle whether it is from a gorgeous set of curls to never-ending frizz. That’s why you need to be careful when buying a hair dryer for your curly hair.
Look no further because we have selected the top 15 hair dryer products, recommended by professionals, which are best suited for curly hair so you don’t have another ‘bad hair day’ in your life!
Don’t have time to read the full article? Don’t worry, we have listed our top choices here!
|Fast Hair Dry||Editor's Choice||Best design|
|CONFU Fast Drying Hair Dryer||DevaCurl DevaDryer Ionic Hairdryer||Revlon One-Step|
Hair Dryer & Volumizer
|Product features:||Product features:||Product features:|
|• 1875 watts of power for 50% faster hair drying|
• Features tourmaline, ceramic and ion technology for ionic conditioning for smoother and shinier hair.
• 3 heat modes and 2 speed settings
• One cool shot button to lock your style in place.
• Comes with a smoothing concentrator attachment and volumizing Finger Diffuser
• Low noise technology
• High temperature resistance
|• Devafuser hand design for 360-degree airflow|
• Gentle drying for frizz free hair
• Easily manageable
• Comes in a green and white funky color
• Editor's Choice for the best curling tool
|• Delivers 1100 watts of power which is suitable to place closer to the scalp for lift|
• Oval brush design with round edges to create more volume
• Designed with Nylon pin and tufted bristles for easy detangling, improved volume and control
• With ion technology to make hair smoother, shinier and manageable
• 2 heat and speed settings for styling flexibility
• Comes in a combination of black pink and mint black
First up we have Conair’s Ionic Ceramic hair dryer which guarantees style with every use and is also widely recommended by professionals. Moreover, the hair dryer features Tourmaline Ceramic Technology which helps to prevent heat damage and furthermore, it keeps your hair looking shiny, smooth and frizz free which is something quite beneficial if you have thick curly hair.
- Provides a powerful high-torque DC motor that delivers powerful airflow
- Tourmaline ceramic technology helps prevent heat damage
- Ionic conditioning technology helps reduce frizz upto 75%
- Has 3 heat/ 2 speed features to dry hair at different rates
- Cool shot button to lock hairstyle in place
- Easy no slip grip
- Includes a concentrator for smooth and sleek hairstyles and a diffuser for curls and waves
- Comes in two colors; black and pink
Secondly, if you want a salon blow dry but don’t actually want to go to the salon and get your hair done by a professional, then we recommend Kaleep’s Professional salon hair dryer is just what you need. Moreover, combined with ionic technology and infrared heat. Therefore, it heats your curly hair evenly and locks the moisture in them making your hair smoother and gentler. Furthermore, with its ultra strong wind technology, it dries your curly hair within a few minutes and with less noise.
- Built with high quality heavy AC motor and 1875 watts
- Ionic technology to make your curly hair smoother
- Far infrared heat to lock moisture in place and reduce frizz
- 3 heat/ 2 speeds settings for different styling
- Cool shot button for complete drying
- Removable air filter
- Includes a concentrator for textured hairstyles
- Includes a diffuser for curls and waves
- A straightening comb for sleek design
- Comes in black color
- With 1 year replacement, 2 year warranty
Widely recommended by professionals, another one in our list is a hair dryer by Conair because the curl fusion styler is designed to get you flawless and instant curls in no time! Because of their unique fan like design, it diffuses the airflow to gently dry your curly hair all the while enhancing your hair’s natural curls to give them a more bouncy look. Moreover, the ionic technology helps reduce frizz and adds a long lasting shine to your curly hair as well, giving you a good texture.
- Provides 1800 watts of power
- Ionic technology to add more shine to your hair
- Ceramic technology to prevent heat damage
- 2 heat or speed settings
- Cool shot button for added versatility
- Includes a volume lift attachment
- Good hair dryer for curly hair
- Comes in a cute shade of purple
Another hair dryer recommended by professionals is Jinri’s hair blow dryer. So, change your blow drying experience with Jinri’s hair blow dryer. It is equipped with negative ionic technology and ceramic function, moreover, the hairdryer helps reduce dryness and frizz while making your curly hair smoother, shinier and tangle free. Furthermore, the far infrared heat technology evenly distributes heat throughout your hair, giving you a complete hairstyle in a few minutes! While it may not be a total budget friendly product but it provides value for money.
- Provides 1875 watts of AC motor which dries hair faster, moreover, suitable for thick hair
- Negative ionic technology to reduce frizz and provide shiny and manageable hair
- 3 heat/ 2 speed settings for complete drying
- Infrared heat penetrates the hair for more accelerated drying
- Comes with volumizing diffuser for waves and curls
- Smoothing concentrator for textured hairstyles
- Straightener comb for sleek hairstyles
- Removable air filter
- Comes in black and silver color
Infitnitipro by Conair is there to offer you professionally blow dried hair right at home! Designed to give you unlimited looks and create serious hair envy, similarly, the Infinitipro comes with many styling settings so you can find the right one for your unique hair. Moreover, the ceramic technology is very effective in creating healthier looking curly hair that are shiny, manageable as well as smooth so you can say goodbye to your frizzy hair days. Furthermore, the hair dryer also features a funky look with a rainbow finish so you enjoy drying your hair in style!
- Powerful AC motor with 1875 watts power
- Ion styling choice; ions ON for sleek, smooth hair and ions OFF for full, curly hair
- Ceramic technology for uniform heat and gentle drying
- 3 heat/ 2 speed settings for different hairstyles
- Includes a diffuser and concentrator for your choice of hairstyle
- Removable air filter for easy cleaning
- Comes in a black color with a shiny rainbow finish
What happens when you add oil to your hair drying routine? It makes your curly hair smoother and shinier of course! Thanks to Nition’s ceramic hair dryer and its new breakthrough technology, you’re getting exactly that and is probably the reason why it is recommended by professionals. Moreover, the ceramic coated air outlet grill is infused with nano silver that is scientifically proven to be a safe material used in environmental purification and cosmetics. Not only that but it is also coated with a layer of argan oil in order to help restore your hair’s moisture and make it soft, slick and frizz free. Furthermore, the tourmaline also helps in making your hair dry faster and evenly so you don’t have to worry about wet ends.
- 1875 watts of power with less noise
- Infused with nano silver, argan oil moreover, tourmaline for more manageable curly hair
- 3 heat/ 2 speed settings for easy control
- One cool shot button to set hair in place
- Includes a diffuser and concentrator for different hairstyles
- Removable air filter
- Lightweight design for easy carrying
- Comes in two trendy colors; gold and pink
- 90 days return policy
Kipozi claims to give you silkier and healthier hair than most hair dryers along with a professional blow dried look. So, with its advanced heat and nano technology, it leaves your hair shiny, silky and smooth without any tangles. Its sleek and lightweight design is ideal for taking on trips so you can get a hair salon look anywhere you go!
- High speed 1875 watt motor for delivering strong airflow
- Suitable for dry and thick wavy and curly hair
- Advanced nano ionic technology
- 3 heat/ 2 speed settings
- Cool shot button to lock hairstyle in place
- Comes with a diffuser and concentrator which is ideal for precision styling
- Comes in shades of black and golden; black, golden black and golden & black
Xtava Pro hair dryer lets you have a salon grade hairstyle right at home! So, with varying heat and wind settings, it helps maximize your hairstyle with added shine and a smoother result. Moreover, Xtava’s hair styling tools are made specifically to tame dry and frizzy curly hair with their different heat settings so you can have damage-free, manageable and healthier locks. Furthermore, master the art of blow-drying your hair like a pro with their different style settings in just $30. If you have dry, coarse and thick hair and struggle to get that silky shiny look, then this is the product for you.
- 1875 watts of power with built in cool shot button
- 2 heat and 2 wind settings to give you a perfect hairstyle every time you blow dry
- Ideal for curly hair
- Includes a black orchid diffuser to give you curls and boost your hair’s volume
- Includes a concentrator for a smooth and sleek hairstyle
- Comes in black color
If you want a quick way to give your hair curls and bounce, then DevaCurl DevaDryer is your to go product! Moreover, the hair dryer is designed in an innovative hand-shape that delivers 360-degree airflow to completely blow dry your curly hair without leaving any wet strands. Similarly, the patented ergonomic design helps to enhance your natural curls while giving them volume and lift in order to give you beautiful, frizz free curls!
- Devafuser hand design for 360-degree airflow
- Gentle drying for frizz free, curly hair
- Easily manageable
- Comes in a green and white funky color
- Editor’s Choice for the best curling tool
Blow dry your hair with stronger airflow and less noise and vibration with Abody’s hair dryer. Moreover, the hair dryer features ionic, ceramic and tourmaline technology to provide you with a uniform heat in order to make your curly hair smooth, shiny and tangle free with less breakage and dry ends. Furthermore, it also makes your hair healthy with less static electricity. Therefore, if you’re looking for a hairdryer that’s not too expensive, then Abody’s hair dryer is a good choice for a quick blow dry.
- Provides 1875 watts of power for faster and more powerful airflow
- Negative ion technology for smooth, curly hair
- 3 heat/ 2 speed settings with cool shot button to provide you complete drying and styling with flexibility
- Lightweight design and no slip grip for easy carrying
- Comes with 2 concentrators for straight hair and a diffuser for curly hair
- Removable air filter for easy cleaning
- 180 days return policy
- Comes in black color
Say goodbye to the old days of trying to style your curly hair thanks to Vaslon’s multi technology hair dryer. It is equipped with ceramics, negative ions and tourmaline technology, in order to make your curly hair less frizzy, moreover, it keeps hair humidity resistant and maintains the natural health of your hair. Furthermore, it comes with 3 different attachments to give you a hairstyle of your choice anytime you want without having to go to a professional!
- Fast blow dry with 1875 watt AC motor
- With negative ions, ceramic as well as tourmaline technology for better results
- Suitable for thick and long curly hair
- Flexible styling settings with 3 heat/ 2 speed settings to control airflow and temperature in order to give you a hairstyle of your choice
- 3-8 years working life, moreover, 3 times longer than the average hair dryer
- Removable air filter
- Comes in black color
Recommended by professionals is another hair dryer by CONFU. So, when it comes to CONFU, you’re not only getting a good product in a reasonable price but you’re also getting all the features which are offered by the expensive brands if not more! Say hello to the future of styling tools with Confu’s fast drying hair dryer which is ideal for curly hair. Moreover, it gives fully dry hair within 3-6 minutes, thus, Confu’s hair dryer is sure to make your hair styling fast and efficient!
- 1875 watts of power for 50% faster hair drying
- Features tourmaline, ceramic and ion technology for ionic conditioning for smoother and shinier hair.
- 3 heat modes and additionally, 2 speed settings fulfill the drying requirements of all hair types, ideal for curly hair
- One cool shot button to lock your style in place.
- Comes with a smoothing concentrator attachment and volumizing Finger Diffuser for truly customized hairstyles.
- Low noise technology
- High temperature resistance Nylon shell to keep the tool from overheating
- Comes in two different and stylish designs to choose from
Revolutionize your hair drying routine with Revlon’s One Step hair dryer and volumizer. The hairdryer comes in a unique oval brush design with the power of a dryer. In addition, volume of a styler to give you smooth and shiny hair in half the time. Thus, the advantage this hair dryer has over conventional dryers is that it dries and volumizes your curly hair in just one step which prevents heat damage and results in beautiful, bouncy curls. Moreover, boosted by ionic technology, the hair dries faster and helps reduce frizz and tangles. However, it may cost a bit more than your average styling product but it provides you with salon blowouts in the comfort of your own house with less drying time.
- Delivers 1100 watts of power which is suitable to place closer to the scalp for lift
- Oval brush design additionally with round edges to create more volume
- Designed with Nylon pin and tufted bristles for easy detangling, improved volume and control
- With ion technology to make hair smoother, shinier and manageable
- 2 heat and speed settings for styling flexibility
- Comes in a combination of black pink and mint black
The CoCo LoCo hair dryer range has been designed by the professional hair stylist, Lee Stafford in order to give you the look and style of a professional blowout right in your own home. Moreover, Lee Stafford designed the hair dryer with salon quality and safety features in mind to maximize the results. Additionally, the grill is infused with coconut oil to heal your hair with essential oils and nourishing proteins and give you the soft, smooth and glossy hair that you’ve always dreamt of! Furthemore, the dryer comes in a fun and easy to use design so styling does not feel like a burden but is the opposite! So, for a look that will last all day, CoCo LoCo is the hair dryer for you!
- 1875 watts of power with low noise blower
- Coconut oil infused grill for silkier and smoother hair
- 3 heat / 2 speed settings for quick precision drying and styling
- Removable rear grill for easy cleaning
- Lightweight design with a comfortable handle for easy control which is ideal for travel
- Comes with a diffuser and concentrator for different hairstyles
- 60 days money back guarantee
- Comes in pink color only
Did you ever think you would be hearing the words foldable and hair dryer in the same sentence? Yeah neither did we, but look and behold! Trezoro brings you a hair dryer designed with a folding handle to give you a minimalist style in order to reduce all that necessary space while carrying it for travel. But don’t be fooled by its compact and portable design, as it can provide a fast and quiter blow dry with gorgeous end results.
- 1500 watts of power
- Portable and easy to carry design
- Combination of ionic and ceramic technology for glossy, meek and frizz free hair
- Intelligent constant temperature air out
- 3 heat and speed modes for quick and unique styles
- Comes with two attachments: concentration nozzle, featuring fast drying and precise molding, and unique air comb, moreover, integrating combing and smoothing hair in one step drying
- Suitable for curly, straight and dry hair
- Comes in a sleek black color
What to look for in a hair dryer?
Purchasing a high-quality hair dryer for curly hair is a good investment to maintain your tresses and boost your confidence when you walk out. However, every person has different needs for their hair but there are a few important points which are mentioned below that are common for all hair types. So, you should certainly consider while buying a hairdryer.
Materials used in Hair Dryer
Choose an ionic and tourmaline hair dryer rather than going for titanium dryers. Because the ionic dryers ooze out negative ions which attach the hair and smoothens the hair cuticle. In addition, Tourmaline makes hair smooth, lustrous and reduce the heat damage to hair. However,Titanium dryers are cheap but they can cause a lot of damage to hair.
The Design should be ergonomic, lightweight, easy to carry and the power cord should be long in order to give you the freedom to move around and grab things which you need while grooming hair. However, make sure that attachments fit right into the provided snaps.
Motor and its Power
The motor is a vital component of hair dryer for curly hair, so, it is responsible for airflow. Moreover, higher the wattage higher will be the power and airflow. So, get a hair dryer with more than 1500 watts as it works gently for everyday use as well as for styling hair on special days.
Heat and Speed settings
Have a Dryer which has cool, warm and hot settings. So, for daily use you can set it to warm or cool and also set to hot if you want very straight, sleek look for the day but, it won’t be good for the long run to set it to hot because it will make hair brittle and prone to hair fall. However, you can set the speed to high if you are in hurry to dry hair or set to low to let hair dry gradually in order to avoid flyaways.
Most of the hair dryers for curly hair come with two attachments that are Diffuser and Concentrator. However, both enhance the hairstyles in different ways. In addition, a Diffuser attachment is very important for curly hair, because it keeps the curls intact yet smoothen them and also makes curls dry fast without making frizzy.
Hair dryers for curly hair come in a variety of prices. Depending upon your needs, they may range from 30$ to 150$. You should check with the budget and the features you want.
Choose Dryers which use Ceramic or Porcelain as the heating element not the metal ones. Moreover, the Ceramic or Porcelain provide features like long infrared waves which helps hair dry in a more healthy way and also protect hair from getting damaged by heat or heavy air flow.
Why should you consider a Hair Dryer’s noise level?
There is no denying the fact that most models of hair dryers make more sound than a tornado in full swing. However, these things are especially loud when these are only a few inches away from the ears. So, you should know that loud sounds can have a harmful effect on your hearing when you get constantly exposed to loud sounds. Moreover, itt doesn’t matter whether the loud sound exposure is only for a few minutes as even a little exposure can do a lot of harm. Thus, you may experience a clicking, ringing or buzzing sound in your ears for a few hours after exposure to loud sound, similar to tinnitus.
Also, the loud noise produced by a hair dryer may disturb your friends, family members or even the next-door neighbors. However, your kids, your significant other or your neighbors may not complain when the noise is tolerable, especially if you are running it only for a few minutes each day.
But, you will certainly hear from them when you run a hair dryer that makes too much noise, especially if it’s early morning or during late evening hours. In addition, salons often use more powerful hair dryers. So ,these more powerful hair dryers, which are often hooded dryers, commonly use motors of 1,500 watts or more. Therefore, these motors make noises that often exceed 90 dB.
Do Hair Dryers damage your hair?
Hair dryers are a fantastic invention! They help us to dry, direct, volumize, moreover, style our hair. But using them in the wrong way can be damaging to our hair; and in extreme cases, they can cause hair breakage and lead to eventual hair loss. So, if you’re using a hair dryer the correct way, you shouldn’t worry. Honestly, here are some of the mistakes that you might be making and how to resolve them.
When do you dry your hair?
The first thing is knowing when to use a hair dryer. The worst thing to do is to use your dryer on soaking wet hair. When your hair is wet, it’s more susceptible to breakage. Towel dry your hair to remove the excess water before drying with a hair dryer.
Always use a “medium heat, fast speed”. A concentrated amount of hot hair can cause breakage to the hair, and damage to the root and the scalp. Remember, healthy hair starts from a healthy scalp.
There are products that can help to protect our hair and scalp. Heat protectant sprays wrap the hair in a protective coating and stop the hair from burning.
Keep that hair dryer moving around your head and avoid concentrating too much heat (and time!) on one area. This will help to avoid burning the hair and scalp.
Brushes and combs
Now you might not think it but using brushes and combs can be really damaging to your hair. Brushes and combs can cause tug and breakage on wet hair. Wait until your hair is almost completely dry before smoothing, directing or volumizing with your comb or brush.
When the hair is warm, the cuticle (the outermost part of the hair shaft) of the hair is open. Finish your hair drying session off with a cold blast of air. This will seal the cuticle – protecting the hair from environmental damage and increasing the shine of your hair!
While curly hair may be difficult to deal with, they produce gorgeous and bouncy curls if styled properly! The only thing standing between you and your dream hairstyle is just the right kind of hair dryer that would not only protect your hair from unnecessary heat and damage but also give you long lasting results. Investing in a good hair dryer would save you lots of hassle of drying your curly hair and even limit those quick last minute trips to the salon. Styling your hair at home has never been easier so what are you waiting for? Get a hair dryer recommended by professionals and fulfill all your curly hair dreams!
Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
You might also like : Best Automatic Curling Iron