If you’re someone who keeps up with the latest internet trends, then you’d know how popular vlogging is nowadays. However, the challenge is to get a good vlogging camera under $100 so you know you’re not wasting money on expensive equipment. Gone are the days of just blogging about your lifestyle and experiences, now it’s the age of vlogging about your routines and travel! If you’re someone who wants to start vlogging but don’t know which equipment to buy, well worry no more because we list the top 15 vlogging cameras under $100 right here!
In a rush and don’t wanna go through the whole article? Look no further as we have selected the top 3 products for you right here.
Top 3 Vlogging Cameras Under $100
|Easy on Pocket
|Value for Money
|AbergBest Vlogging Camera
|Canon PowerShot-SX610 HS
|HAOHUNT Vlogging Camera
2.7" Tft LCD display
550mAh lithium ion battery
21 mega pixels resolution
8x digital zoom
Item weight: 0.66 lb
Comes in black, white and pink
18x optical zoom
20.2 mega pixels
1080p video resolution
3.0 inch LCD display
Comes in black, silver and red
Product weight: 0.369 lb
24 Mega pixels image resolution
1080p video resolution
3 inch TFT LCD
16x Digital Zoom
Includes 2 Li-ion batteries
Product weight: 1.58 lb
Firstly, on the list we have AbergBest HD digital camera that is perfect for taking indoor and outdoor pictures. Moreover, its sleek design makes it easy in order to carry around in your bag and take it with you wherever you go! Not only is the size small and handy, this camera is only for $40 so it makes it a good vlogging camera under $100 which is not too hard on your wallet.
- Applicable uses include digital still images, web cam, play back, video record and voice record
- 2.7″ Tft LCD display with 550mAh lithium ion rechargeable battery
- 21 mega pixels resolution for taking pictures as well as HD 720P resolution for recording
- Supports external memory cards (up to 64 GB)
- Anti-shake, face detect, smile capture, continuous shot, self timer as well as 8x digital zoom
- Item weight: 0.66 lb
- Comes in black, white and pink
Next up we have the vlogging camera by LINNSE which costs up to $90 and is well under $100. If you’re thinking of opening a YouTube channel or impress your followers with good vlogs, then this is the vlogging camera for you! Designed with an external microphone, therefore, it captures high quality sound which is sometimes a drawback in smaller cameras. Moreover, even with an external microphone, the camera is lightweight and easy to carry around on your travels.
- External microphone for high quality, low noise, professional shotgun microphone
- Remote control and recording
- Webcam and HDMI function
- Multi-functional camcorder; 3″ LCD touch screen, LED light, anti shake, self-timer, face capture, auto power off
- Video camcorder records a video of 1920*1080P/30FPS(FHD)
- Supports external memory card (up to 32 GB) and tripod
- 1000 mAh NP-40 Li-ion battery with a recording time of 60-90 minutes
- One year warranty
Another cool feature of this vlogging camera is that you can easily take group pictures without leaving out the person behind the lens using the remote controller! The webcam feature lets you use your camcorder as a webcam when connected to your computer. It also has a HDMI cable included so you can easily connect it to an HDTV and play your videos directly from the camera.
Another great vlogging camera, Longin provides you with a 2.7K ultra HD 1080P video resolution and 24 mega pixels for capturing crystal clear photos. Moreover, it is a digital camera with ‘Wifi’ and can instantly turn your phone into a remote controller. In addition, this helps in taking pictures and downloading them from your camera into your computer. Furthermore, the vlogging camera also has a flip screen that can rotate 180 degrees so you always have a strong selfie game! All in all, this is a great bargain for a vlogging camera under $100!
- 2.7K ultra HD 1080P video resolution and 24 MP
- Image format is JPEG and video format is MOV
- Digital camera with Wifi; enables remote view, image capture and video shooting with range of 16.4 feet
- 3 inch camera with flip screen and Li-ion batteries
- Easy to use
- 4x digital zoom option
- Ideal for using as vlogging camera, blog sharing, recording travels, different occasions etc.
- Product weight: 1.03 lb
If you’re a beginner at vlogging, then this is a great camera for you as it provides value for money. Moreover, the vlogging camera comes with a strap that can go around the neck and allows for greater convenience during outdoor shoots. Whether it’s a landscape or portrait, this camera provides great quality.
Looking for a vlogging camera that live streams your stories as you shoot them? Well, look no further because EKEN provides you an action camera that comes with live streaming function that lets you stream worldwide via Facebook or YouTube and share all your adventures on the go! That’s not all, the camera comes with free accessories such as action camera tripod, remote control, waterproof camera case and 14 action camera accessories so you don’t have to pay extra for them. In addition, pricing at only $55, this is a must have vlogging camera under $100!
- 2 inch LCD FHD Display, 4K 1080P video resolution, as well as 20 MP picture quality
- Time lapse and loop recording supported
- High quality display for video as well as photo playback
- Live streaming function (Only available for Apple iOS)
- Built-in Wifi (range up to 33 feet) and HDMI output
- Water-proof housing up to 100 feet for capturing videos in extreme weather conditions and environments
- Burst photos for maximum result
- Comes in black color
- Product weight: 1.45 lbs
Therefore, this camera is ideal for adventurous people who are looking for a vlogging camera that can withstand harsh conditions. Never miss shooting your videos while you hike, cycle, swim or surf; similarly, this waterproof camera will capture everything you need without getting damaged!
Firstly, Kickteck brings a great vlogging camera for beginners who are stepping into the field of vlogging and have no prior experience. Secondly, the multifunctional camcorder is easy to use, lightweight and portable to carry around. Moreover, the camcorder also supports external LED light and external tripod for better quality pictures. Last but not the least, the price of the vlogging camera is well under $100 so it is budget friendly as well.
- Supports 1080P (15FPS) AVI video resolution, 24 MP JPEG image resolution
- 3 inch LCD screen and 270 degrees rotation
- 16x digital zoom, built-in light, anti-shaking, face capture, self-timer, beauty function as well as pause function
- Webcam function and TV output
- Portable and lightweight
- Comes with two 1500 mAh, 3.7V rechargeable batteries
- Supports external SD card (for up to 32 GB)
- Product weight: 1.2 lbs
- One year warranty
The camcorder also supports pause function which is ideal for vlogging and YouTube videos. Therefore, you don’t have to start from a new file, it simply continues from where you left off and saves in the same file. Another advantage of this vlogging camera is that it can record while it’s charging so you never have to worry about missing any action!
Another great vlogging camera under $100, the SOSUN video camera and camcorder supports 24 megapixels of image recolution and 1080p resolution ratio of video. Unlike many other camcorders, this one is lightweight and easy to carry around which makes it a good vlogging camera for YouTubers and beginners alike.
- Multi-functions; face detection, smile capture, internal microphone and speaker, playback modes above all auto power off
- 24 MP image resolution and 1080p (15FPS) video
- 3 inch LCD screen with 270 degree rotation
- 16x digital zoom
- Dual LED white lights in front of camera
- Pause function
- Option of recording while charging
- Supports external memory card (up to 32 GB)
- Comes with 3.7V 1250 mAh Li-ion battery
- Product weight: 1.21 lb
- Recording time of 2-2.5 hours when fully charged
- One month refund or replacement
If this is your first time purchasing a vlogging camera, then this is a good choice for you. The camcorder might not produce HD quality but for the price you’re getting it, it will exceed your expectations.
Now this one needs no introduction because Panasonic has been in the digital market for centuries now, providing you with quality products that never disappoint! This time, Panasonic brings you VLOG Lumix which is designed specifically for vlogging. Above all at a price of $97, this is one of the best deals you can get on a vlogging camera under $100.
- For use with compatible LUMIX USA warrantied version LUMIX cameras
- Improved compatibility between LUMIX GH4, DMC-FZ2500, DC-GH5KBODY as well as Panasonic Varicam
- Increased dynamic range from 10 to 12 stops
- 10 bit internal / 8 bit internal to SD media or 10 bit to external media recording
- Product weight: 0.1 lbs
Therefore, this provides exceptional results after shooting in V-log on GH5. To sum up it is a must have for people who are looking to do proper videography and get a more dynamic range in shooting.
Further we have the vlogging camera by Andoer which perfectly fits in the category of vlogging camera under $100. The digital camera provides a good perfromance in recording full HD videos and takes crystal clear pictures so you can cherish your memories even after many years. Its anti-shake and retractable flashlight supports image stabilization so you can get good quality pictures even outdoors and of moving objects. If you’re a sports lover, then this is a good choice of a vlogging camera for you.
- 1080P HD video resolution as well as 24 megapixels picture resolution
- 3 inch flip screen which can rotate 180 degrees for better selfies and self recording
- Easy to use; simply press ‘M’ button in order to change from camera mode to video mode
- User friendly with image stabilization
- 4x digital zoom
- Comes with UV filter and lens cover in order to protect the lens from dust and scratches
- Comes with a strap for extra safety and convenience during outdoor shooting
- Includes 1 Li-ion battery
- Product weight: 0.6 lbs
If you’re someone who is interested in lomography, then this is the right quirky camera for you to purchase. While it may not provide you with exceptional image results, it is a great camera for beginners and for LOMO fans.
When listing vlogging cameras under $100, the camcorder from HAOHUNT is a good choice. The camera can be equipped with an external microphone to enhance the sound quality and give you clear, crisp sound whether it is for recording an interview or shooting a video. Moreover, the stereo microphone adopts the x-y stereo technology, low cut filter to reduce noise and improve sound effect with stable and clear sound image localization.
- 24 Mega pixels image resolution as well as 1080p video resolution
- 3 inch TFT LCD screen with 270 degrees rotation
- 16x powerful digital zoom
- Built-in microphone for close proximity audio capture and also supports external microphone
- Has multi-function, hot boot, face detection, smile capture, USB 2.0 interface , auto power-off, TV output above all supports multiple languages
- Pause function available
- Option of recording while charging
- Compact and portable camcorder
- Supports external memory card (up to 32 GB)
- Includes 2 Li-ion batteries
- One month free refund or replacement
- Product weight: 1.58 lb
Therefore, this is a great vlogging camera for someone who is more interested in capturing sound and clear audio. Furthermore, the external microphone provides with great sound quality and for a vlogging camera under $100, this is a great bargain for beginners.
If you’re a sports junkie and love to vlog about your adventures, then the Sports Action Camera by WiMiUS is just right for you! Well under $100, this vlogging camera is waterproof so you don’t have to worry about damaging it when you take it with you on your swimming adventures. Moreover, capture everything and every detail with the camera’s wide angle lens. To sum up equipped with high sensitive Sony IMX 078 sensor and Novatek 96660 chipset, the camcorder provides high definition shooting and recording.
- 4K 20 megapixels ultra HD action camera in order to get quality videos and pictures
- HDMI and 2 inch IPS screen with WiFi connected and remote control. (WiFi signal ranges up to 33 feet)
- In-built gyro stabilization in order to deliver steady and smooth videos and makes high speed and extreme movement as stable as possible
- Equipped with two 1000mAh batteries, one battery can record for up to 90 minutes
- Waterproof in order to withstand extreme environmental conditions and go 100 feet underwater
- Wide view angle and aqua mode
- Time lapse recording
- Can work as dash camera
- Product weight: 1.65 lb
However, one of the greatest features of this camera is that it can be used as a dash camera. Moreover, its special driving mode makes automatic detection of car and automatic recording possible. The sports camera also comes with 19 different accessories kit which are even compatible with GoPro. Thanks to its wide view angle and aqua mode, you can easily adjust the view angle of the camera according to your needs. Therefore, it allows you to shoot wider scenes and catch more scenery. In addition, the built-in aqua mode is designed to auto correct the color distortion of underwater photography.
Another great offer of a vlogging camera under $100, save $50 when purchasing SUNLEA’s vlogging camera! Moreover, the camera has a good performance in recording with 1080p at 30fps video resolution and taking crystal clear pictures wirh 24 MP picture resolution. Additionally, the vlogging camera provides portability and is lightweight even with an external microphone attached. Furthermore, you can record your videos in a hassle-free way with this camera.
- Full HD 1080 30FPS 24 mega pixels camcorder
- 3 inch LCD touchscreen with 270 degree rotation, useful for changing the specifications of taking different angle pictures
- Supports photos and videoss, anti-shake, face capture, beauty function, self-timer
- 16x digital zoom for clear results
- Remote controller option and TV output
- Screw on 37mm lens
- External microphone
- Supports external memory card (up to 32 GB)
- Webcam function for YouTube and Skype
- Product weight: 0.85 lb
Therefore, this is a great starter camera at a very reasonable price. Moreover, it comes with microphone, carrying case, camera lens cover and other essentials. In addition, the microphone can be changed according to your own preference; wireless or wired and gives an exceptional sound quality. Compared to other expensive vlogging cameras, the anti-shake feature on this camera works great.
While listing different vlogging cameras under $100, it’d be blasphemy to not mention Nikon; one of the leading brands of camera products! Introducing the COOLPIX l32 digital camera, don’t be fooled by it’s small size. This pocket camera can do so much more than the other bigger and more expensive cameras out there. Moreover, high resolution, adequate shutter speed, sharp focus, automatic features, great lens and easy to use menu options. The camera also supports wide angle which makes it easy to take pictures covering a wider range. It also provides a good zoom range for hand held use.
- 5x wide angle NIKKOR zoom lens
- 3 inch LCD display
- 720p HD video with quality sound
- Smart Portrait System
- Image stabilization
- Supports external memory
- Product weight: 0.36 lb
- Comes in bright pink color
If you’re looking for a compact vlogging camera, then this is for you. It doesn’t get smaller than this!
Another big name in the technology department, Sony cameras are always one step ahead of their game. This time, Sony brings DSCW800 which is a great vlogging camera under $100 and contains super HAD CCD sensor for capturing beautiful detailed images. It also has a 360 degrees sweep panorama so you don’t miss even the smallest of details in your shots. If you’re someone who is inexperienced when it comes to using the different camera settings, worry no more. The camera’s in-guide helps in navigating through the camera’s functions and features so you can choose one according to your needs
- Equipped with MP Super HAD CCD sensor
- Sony lens with 5x optical zoom as well as 380 degree sweep panorama
- Reduced blur with SteadyShot image stabilization
- Captures videos in 720p HD movie mode
- Easy mode, digital zoom for still images with 20.1 mega pixels resolution
- Focal length of 4.6 – 23 mm
- Produces pictures with great contrast and clarity
- Smile shutter technology for automatically capturing smiles
- Option of charging battery through USB
- Picture effect for more expressive photos
- Product weight: 0.55 lbs
You know it’s going to be a good camera if it’s by Sony and that too for using as a vlogging camera. The Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with the Smile Shutter mode to capture the different smiles with settings optimized for any particular case, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and back-lighting.
While listing the most famous brands for cameras, how can we forget to add Canon? Of course, we didn’t and here we have the Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 digital camera that is a must have for a vlogging camera under $100. A little bit to the pricey end, this camera’s 20 mega pixels CCD sensor combined with DIGIC 4+ image processor helps in order to deliver stunning image quality. Moreover, the smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations to capture shots in different environments. However, that’s not all, the digital IS helps in reducing the camera shake effect and subject movement to give you clear picture results without any blurs.
- 20 mega pixels CCD sensor + DIGIC 4+ image processor
- 720p HD video capabilities
- Focusing range: normal 2.0 in., infinity (W) 4.3 ft. – infinity (T)
- Compatible with Android devices version 4.0 or later
- Lightweight and portable
- 5 inch LCD display screen
- 8x optical zoom with optical image stabilizer
- Supports external memory card (up tp 32 GB)
- Comes in red and silver colors
- Product weight 0.28 lb
The vlogging camera also includes different scene modes such as fisheye effect, toy camera effect and monochrome effect that provide creative and new looks to the pictures captured!
Last but not least, presenting to you another great camera by none other than Canon, PowerShot SX610 with WiFi enabled feature, is a must have for someone who is an avid vlogger. The vlogging camera captures stunning 1080p full HD videos so you know you’re not compromising on the quality.
- 18x optical zoom
- 20.2 mega pixels high sensitivity CMOS sensor + DIGIC 4+ image processor
- Built-in WiFi for wireless transferring of images and videos to compatible mobile devices
- 1080p full HD video resolution
- 3.0 inch LCD display with screen resolution of 922,000 dots for easy viewing
- Comes in black, silver and red
- Product weight: 0.369 lb
This is a good vlogging camera which gives good picture quality even in low lighting and is easy to use and take on your travels with you.
What is Vlogging?
Over the last few years, vlogging has become extremely popular. But a lot of people still don’t know what it is. When you think of a vlog, you should think about a shortened version of a video blog. It’s like the video version of a blog post. When a person says they’re vlogging, it means they’re filming a short video of their daily life. In the last few years, the popularity of vlogging has grown exponentially. Moreover, currently, the growth trend shows no signs of slowing because now you can get vlogging camera under $100.
One of the major reasons why vlogging has become incredibly popular is because the cost of the required equipment has dropped significantly. In the past, the equipment was too expensive. So, most people couldn’t afford it But now you can get a vlogging camera under $100. Since the explosion of Internet bandwidth and smartphones, vlogging is something that almost anyone can do. Also, there is a good chance that you already have the equipment needed to make your own vlogs.
What makes a good Vlogging Camera?
When shopping for a vlogging camera under $100, there are many important features to consider. You should also be aware of the features that you don’t need. Since most vlogs are up close and personal, you don’t need to worry about a zoom feature when shopping for a vlogging video camera. Since you need a camera that is best for vlogging, this is bad news for you. For the typical vlogger, zoom and flash features are almost useless. However, if you plan to record travel vlogs, then it’s not a terrible idea to consider a camera that has a decent zoom feature. To give your audience level of quality that they deserve, you need a camera that can perform well in low-light conditions. If you think that low-light performance is only important when filming outdoors, somebody must’ve told you a lie.
The lens aperture is important, and a quality lens should have a wide aperture. Because allows the lens to capture more light. A wide aperture is also great for improving the aesthetics of every vlog that you create. Moreover, it allows you to achieve a blurred background effect for your vlogs. Some of the best 50mm lenses have an f/1.8 aperture. The amount of noise produced by your camera at a higher ISO setting also affects its ability to perform in low-light conditions. Unfortunately, this is something that you can only test while using the camera.
Most vloggers are working alone when they are vlogging. They can’t be behind the camera to monitor the focus of the lens. This is why you should always look for a camera with an effective autofocus system. This enables the camera to keep track of you and to make sure that you always stay in focus while you’re recording yourself.
When shopping for a top vlogging camera under $100, you need to consider the sensor size. A larger sensor can capture more light, which is important for vlogging. The type of camera that you purchase has a major impact on the sensor size. Camcorders tend to have the smallest sensor size. So they don’t perform very well when there isn’t much light around you. The next biggest sensor size comes with compact cameras, but most compact cameras shoot terrible video. DSLR cameras tend to have the second biggest sensors. Therefore, you’ll find the largest sensors on high-end DSLRs and full-frame cameras.
Before you find a vlogging camera under $100 to purchase, you need to find out if it has optical image stabilization. Although this feature isn’t necessary for vlogging, it’s recommended because it allows you to record better video while moving around. Some people have difficulty watching shaky videos.
As a vlogger / Youtuber, you’ll need to film quite a bit and for hours at a time. Not everything can be done in one take. This is why it’s important to have good battery life as a major consideration. Ideally you’d want a camera with the ability to change batteries. Have two or three spare batteries that you can change over with. Or alternatively buy a camera with the ability to keep on filming while plugged into power to charge.
Wi-Fi is another useful feature to check for. As a vlogger, you’ll need to film and upload lots of vlogs. A camera that comes with built-in Wi-Fi can automatically upload your videos and make vlogging much easier. The Wi-Fi feature will be especially useful if you plan to upload your vlogs to YouTube, which can automatically sync with many modern cameras.
A lot of people will put up with low-quality video, but the one thing that they won’t tolerate is poor sound quality. If you want to be a vlogger, you need to make sure that you’re filming with the best sound that you can afford. Audio quality is the most important aspect of Vlogging, with video quality coming a close second.To get the best sound, you should try to choose a vlogging camera that has a microphone input. Almost all compact cameras do not come with a microphone input because it’s considered a premium feature.
If you want to publish a record of your life experiences, you’ll need a camera that’s small enough to carry around with you. That rules out big, clunky DSLRs with a barrowload of lenses, but there are a couple of relatively lightweight DSLRs on the market that are ideal for vlogging. For greater go-anywhere convenience, a mirrorless camera can shoehorn the quality and versatility of a DSLR into a much smaller package. And if you don’t feel the need to swap lenses to suit different shooting scenarios, a regular compact camera typically takes up even less room. For all-action heroes, a specialist action camera is the best fit.
Whatever type of camera you go for, you’ll need one that can deliver good quality video, preferably in Full HD (1080p) or even 4k Ultra High Definition, both formats now being supported by the likes of YouTube. Built-in Wi-Fi can be a big bonus, while a tilting or fully articulating LCD monitor screen can be extremely helpful for putting yourself in the picture.
Whether it is your first time buying a vlogging camera or you’re looking for a new one to replace your old camera, it is always better to start with budget-friendly cameras that provide good picture quality, video resolution, zooming options and long battery life. In the end, it is going to be your vlogging skills that would impress everyone and not the camera model!
Hope this article helped you in finding the right vlogging camera under $100. Have any questions? Feel free to contact us.
You might like: Best DJ Headphones in An Affordable Price
FAQs about Vlogging Cameras
You should look for several factors such as camera resolution, low light performance, lens selection, microphone quality, whether camera has a flip screen etc
Well, yes. The in camera microphone doesn’t give the desired audio quality one might need in vlogs.
Please refer to this link